What it usually says on the brochure...
Melissa Maimone currently serves as the Director of Women's Ministries, oversees Sunday Morning Production, and serves on the Executive Directional Team at NorthPark Community Church in Santa Clarita, California.
When she's not at church, at home doing laundry, or in the car driving her kids somewhere, she assists nationally known speaker and dramatist Nicole Johnson (from Women of Faith Conferences) with events and marketing.
She is also part of Seasons Weekend, an artistic spiritual retreat for thirsty souls everywhere. She is part of a team featuring Nicole Johnson, Dr. Curt Thompson, Kay & Katherine Wolf, Noah Needleman, and more. Special musical guests to Seasons Weekend have included Nichole Nordeman, Sara Groves, and Jason Gray. For more information about attending a Seasons Weekend, visit www.SeasonsWeekend.com
She holds a degree in Organizational Management (a goal she achieved just a few years ago after she "left college for love" many years before!). She has a background in theater and writing, and has been a featured speaker at various women's events and retreats throughout Southern California.
Though she grew up in a somewhat idyllic household with a Catholic background, it wasn't until she reached some of the lowest, darkest times in her life that the transformational love of God changed her life forever.
Melissa has a passion for being real with others, and being real with God. (Mostly because she got so darn tired of faking it!) She is the mother of two and married 20 years to her photographer husband Danny.
To get an idea of Melissa's speaking ability, please visit her YouTube site.
- Our daughter Elizabeth is a Special Needs child. She is simply diagnosed as "Mildly Mentally Retarded". She is a joy to have and I am priviledged to be her Mom! Through being Elizabeth's Mom, I have learned to rely even deeper on God's grace, His providence, and His strength. She enjoys her school, her friends, listening to Hannah Montana, brushing her hair, and rolling her eyes at me for all the weird things I say. So, she's really not too different than most other teenage girls. But she still loves to cuddle with me and calls me "Mommy". Not too shabby, eh?
- Our son Cole is incredibly smart, sweet, funny, and kind. He is incredibly kind and patient with his sister and a true young man of God. But he still leaves his socks in the living room. We'll keep him anyway.
- I have a background in theater and have written several short sketches and performed them in Sunday services and at retreats. I've also appeared on television several times--but nothing memorable. My Mother will attest that drama comes naturally to me.
- I have been published in "Welcome Home" magazine.
- One of my favorite events that I regularly take part in is "Coffeeology" at NorthPark. Our Senior Pastor, Dave White and I take "open forum" questions from the over 60-70 women who attend. We discuss everything under the sun--from theology to marriage, to parenting to sex, to obscure Biblical passages--it's all on the table!
- My favorite verses from the Bible are in Psalm 63:1-4. It reflects the darkness of depression and despair that I have struggled with through the years, as well as the faithfulness of God to show up and shine His light even when it feels like the walls are closing in.
Statement of Faith
I belong to NorthPark Community Church located in Santa Clarita, California. We are a non-denominational, Bible-believing, Protestant church. I believe and adhere to the Statement of Faith they put forth as my own personal belief as well. They have been thoughtful, theologically sound, and descriptive in their Statement of Faith. Rather than try to re-create it in my own words, I have attached a link to NorthPark's website. If you would like to read more about what I believe and teach, please click here:NorthPark Community Church
To the Savior of my soul, the King of my life,
the Redeemer of things broken--I offer up my life!!
O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.